Sunday, March 28, 2010

Taking a moment

There comes a time about 3/4 through the semester when I feel like I have been charged with collecting all of the stars, organizing them based on data sets that I don't have, and arranging them in an order that follows accessible logic so that they can be presented more efficiently. Luckily I have wonderful friends who keep me sane in these times, but how am I supposed to tell you about how much I miss having Chuck's company after two lovely weekends, various spring break adventures I had, meeting with one of my high school mentors for lunch, or picnic-ing in trees and rowing in a park with Nick? Unfortunately I can't yet, but know that future publishings will include a paper on Roald Dahl, one on fairytale films, one on narratives, and maybe one on Russian conversational patterns during perestroika. My goodness. I'm writing in lists because I'm thinking in lists. To-do lists of to-do lists. Well. I needed that little break from researching; my creativity block has dissolved for the time being. Back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment