Sunday, November 6, 2011

City Mouse, Country Mouse...Romeli var?


The upcoming month is going to be fantastic, but I’m going to end up with a linguistic headache if I don’t end up a polyglot. I’m crossing my fingers for the second option.

When I woke up, I was told that we weren’t going to church because women skip church one week a month here. Sometime I’ll have to do some research and figure out the history of women being exiled from religious ceremonies on account of our God-given fertility. Tonight I don’t have the focus.

After doing yard-work, our guests arrived. There are two young girls, a woman, and a boy. By “young girls…boy” I mean a few years older than me. One girl speaks German; the other younger guests are working on their English. This means I have young people to talk to! They’re very sweet. The girls are so fun! The boy is from Tbilisi and this is his first time living outside the city. I think we’ll have a lot to talk about, and I’ll be interested to see how he adjusts to life here. It’ll tell me something about my adjustment process, being able to compare it to that of a Georgian.

No comments:

Post a Comment